Friday 8 April 2016

H&M Haul: Beauty Edition


About 6 months ago the beloved H&M launched their first 500+ beauty and skin care range.
Consisting of all of your makeup bag essentials such a lippy, eyeliner, eyeshadows, brushes and the makeup bag itself! We saw the skin and hair care lines launch with beautiful minimalist packaging headlining products such as, dry shampoos and texture sprays. Alongside this an array of body lotions and potions to meet your every need. Last but certainly not least they introduced an extensive nail polish collection, with a wall of nail varnishes I could only dream about- colour coordinated perfection.

So, with the above in mind I would be crazy not to snap up a few pieces!
So far I've got 3 Colour Essence eye pencils , 1 perfume, (since photographing the products) 6 nail varnishes, 1 blush and an Iphone case...which I am well aware is completely off topic but loooook- it's so pretty and it's made with real pressed flowers!!!





I've got 3 lovely colours, Raw Umber (brown), Come in Third (copper) and Wildlife (earthy green). 
These eyeliners are highly pigmented and have a shimmer through them. These can be used as eyeliner, a wash of colour over the lid or even swiped through the wet line. Their consistency is super creamy and butter-like but they set quickly so you've got to be fast with your application- especially if you're wanting to blend them out. I've loved using them in the wet line and smudged out to a soft focus through the lower lash line to add a flash of colour and depth to my eye look.

Nail Varnishes:


I bloomin' love H&M nail varnishes! Since taking these snaps as I said my collection had grown (this is the trouble with working in the city and having the ease to walk to any shop on my lunch break, its great but my purse sometimes tells me off for it). I have Olive Twist, the colour I am wearing in the above pictures, Beach BunnyCopper Penny and Glitter.
So I got the glitter just before christmas and I pretty much wore it for the whole of December and January! It's a holographic glitter so even though its main colouring is gold the holographic pigments in it give it a disco ball/pearlescent effect and I had so many compliments when wearing! The copper is a metallic polish which means it applies with ease, 1 coat will totally surfice and it dries so much quicker, so if you need a quick lunch break fix up this style of polish should be your pick. The final colour Beach Babe is a beautiful pinky-coral colour it's spring summer all over which is why I brought it a few weeks ago to wear to a wedding this weekend.

Mandarin Gold Eau De Toilette- Limited Edition:
Okay, so I'm not going to go into great depth with this perfume as when I bought it I didn't realise I was buying a limited edition product and I always get frustrated when bloggers rave over limited editions products because if they're as good as they say they are they're not going to be sitting on the shelves for long! This is a lovely scent and I can honestly say it's different to anything I've ever smelt previously. Its very rich so you literally only need a light spritz. Fortunately, they do have lots of other lovely scents and they are the perfect handbag size a great price thats easy on your purse!

Powder Blush- Golden Peach:


These blushes pack a punch! They are pretty pigmented so you really don't need to load your brush with much to get the desired effect. This particular colour has gold flecks through it so it is basically a 2 in 1 as it acts as a highlight as well. I really like the packaging of this product, not necessarily the quality of the packaging as none of this makeup is pricey so I wouldn't expect anything to blow me away. However I  love the geometric shape of the packaging and the detail of the gold edging just adds a little bit of something to the overall look. These blushes come in a range of 16 colours so there is something for every skintone, next on my wish list is the colours Rosy Brown or Apricot as I think they'll add the perfect more bronzy tone to a summer makeup look. 

That brings me to the end of my haul and so far so good H&M, round of applause!
*Clapping hands emoji*
Have you got anything from H&M beauty I'm yet to try?
Any recommendations or keep clears?
Let me know in the comments below or catch up with me on Instagram.

That's all for now beauties,
Thanks for reading!

Mucho love,

Liv







0 comments