Monday 9 March 2015

I'm feeling 22...





March 5th 2015 marks my 22nd year on this planet.

I was lucky enough to get some time off from my day job and have 4 perfect days to enjoy celebrating my birthday with friends family and good food.

Today I am going to share with you i know it's late what I got up to and a selection of the lovely presents I was lucky enough to receive see above picture for presents

My birthday started in the best way possible with a delicious, not to nutritious breakfast of american pancakes with streaky bacon and maple syrup made by lovely Mr J, along side tea and biscuits and present opening. YAY!


Yes is was a scrummy as it looks!!





























Then Mr J & I ventured out on our bikes to a place in Norwich called Whittlingham, and found our 
selves a little bench next to the Norfolk Boards watching the swans swim and the rowers race. We brought with us a little picnic of goodies, sandwiches, homemade sausage rolls, cake and prosecco. 



Bottoms upp... -->


 In the evening of my birthday we headed out into the city to a place called The Bicycle Shop for dinner with friends and then to the XBells to meet some more friends for drinks.



Beautiful flowers from a friend
 On Friday, Mr J and I drove back to my hometown of Southampton to see my family and childhood friends. 

Touching my makeup up whilst stuck in traffic!

To my surprise my amazing mum and sister had organised a Chinese feast of homemade pork balls with sweet and sour sauce with sticky sesame seeds and peanuts and spring onion and pea fried rice. My Nana and Grumps and best friend of 20 YEARS were also there which made the meal even more special. It was so delicious and exciting I did forget to take pictures but sometimes it is just nice to put the camera down and enjoy it, which I certainly did! 

On saturday I was reunited with more of my best friends.
Myself,  my mum, sister and two friends, Helen and Victoria- From Victoria Beauty (my gorgeous friend phoebe is poorly and couldn't make it so sending her love and hugs to get better asap!)
We all went for a luxurious afternoon at a local spa, we chilled & caught up on each others lives in the pool, steam room and hot tub before we needed to get showered and dressed for afternoon tea and wine. I was thoroughly spoilt and I have to thank Helen for organising the day! 

It was so indulgent so tasty!
That evening my parents kindly allowed me to have all of my favourite friends and family over for help-your-self style chilli con carne and drinks. Again I didn't take many pictures because I just wanted to catch up with everyone and enjoy my time with them all in the same place!

On Sunday we had a lazy morning drinking coffee and talking about the weekends antics before a lovely early dinner to keep Mr J and I going before the long journey back to Norwich. My mum and Dad as always surpassed themselves with the delicious food they cooked. This time I managed to snap up a few pictures to get your taste buds going...

Lazy morning in my parents beautiful home


Sticky BBQ pork chops with spring vegetables and mini roast potatoes, I'm pretty sure my mum could sell this sauce to the thousands and retire tomorrow, it is THAT good!
Pudding fit for a King!


This is something my mum made up- it's a kind of bread and butter pudding with dark chocolate and marmalade chunks. It doesn't have a name but it was bloody good!!
I am very lucky to have such wonderful family, friends and boyfriend in my life and to be able to make memories with them like I did this weekend is very special and something I intend never to take for granted. There are a few presents which will definitely be appearing on the blog soon in more detail. So keep an eye out. 

Thats all for now beauties.

 Thanks for reading.

Sorry for the picture heavy post again! 

Mucho Love, 

Liv
















0 comments